Your entry fee pays for the cost of staging the event and adds to Little Haven Week’s fundraising goals.
Every dollar you raise or donate on top of your entry fee will go directly to providing services and support for families who are living with the diagnosis of a life limiting illness. We encourage all participants to have a go at fundraising.
Imagine crossing the finish line knowing that you have not one, but two achievements to be proud of – walking or running the distance, and fundraising to support Little Haven.
Have fun and think of creative ways to fundraise! If you’re doing the 5km, why not seek $5 sponsorship per km? Raising $250 is as easy as $25 from 10 friends! Get your friends and family involved and host a BBQ, high tea or movie night!
Each year we are surprised by the creativity that Walk and Run participants bring to their fundraising efforts. Below are some ideas to get you started.
- Would your friends, family or colleagues pay to see you look silly? Tell them you’ll complete the Fun Run/ Walk in fancy dress if they help you reach your fundraising goal.
Morning or Afternoon Tea
- Hold a morning or afternoon tea at your home, school or workplace and ask everyone who attends to make a donation.
- Many local businesses, such as hardware stores and garden centres, allow charity groups to hold sausage sizzles outside their stores. Approach your local butcher or grocery store for donations of sausages or bread.
Themed Dress/Casual Dress Day
- Organise a dress theme / casual dress day at your school or work and ask participants to make a gold coin donation. Alternatively, get wacky and go for loud shirts or crazy ties.
Small Change to make a Big Difference Jar
- Ask around at home, work or school for small change that is rattling about in drawers, ashtrays, tins and dark corners or start collecting all your loose change now – you’ll be surprised how quickly it adds up. Every little bit helps.Trivia Night
Host an auction or trivia night at a local bar, restaurant or club and put the entry fees towards your fundraising.
- Many venues will be happy to let you use their space for charity, particularly if you can bring in additional patrons on a quiet night of the week. Holding an auction or raffle during the trivia break is a great way to maximise your fundraising. You could also offer clues in return for extra donations.
- Approach Sovereign Cinemas to run a charity movie screenings, with a percentage of ticket sales to go towards your fundraising.
Wine or Chocolate Drive
- Wine and Chocolate drives are always popular and easy to sell! Check out how easy it is to order through Cadbury Fundraiser or wine companies including Prospect Wines.
Let Us Help You
Our team are happy to help you reach your fundraising goals. We can provide:
- The Gratitude Walk and Fun Run and logos for use in promotional material
- Little Haven balloons, info flyers and pens
- Receipt books and tins for use at fundraising events
- An Ambassador to speak about Gratitude, Little Haven and Palliative Care
- Ongoing support, advice and practical assistance with your fundraising activities
Contact us for more information.
Show your support for people living with a terminal illness and those who care for them by joining the Gratitude Walk and Fun Run.